Muizenberg & Kalk Bay
My Cape Town South Africa
GENERAL TOURIST INTEREST
NEAR CAPE TOWN
CAPE PENINSULA REGIONS & SUBURBS
LIVING IN CAPE TOWN
Muizenberg & Kalk Bay Area Guide
Muizenberg & Kalk Bay OverviewMuizenberg was once an elegant seaside town, but became run down in the last decade or so. There has been a revival over the last few years though and now there are excellent areas along the sea front and beach front. There is some interesting old architecture on the main road through to Kalk Bay. The beach is popular with surfers.
Kalk Bay and St James are charming villages situated on the hill between Main Rd and Boyes Drive, overlooking False Bay. There are a number of delightful delicatessens, antique shops, shops selling bric a brac, restaurants, art and bookshops here.
Muizenberg & Kalk Bay AttractionsMuizenberg Beach is popular with swimmers and surfers. Further along at St James is a lovely tidal pool for those less adventurous. The lovely fishing village of Kalk Bay (a two minute drive from Muizenberg) is dotted with coffee shops, old antique and bric a brac stores and restaurants. Unmissable is Polana bar/restaurant in the Kalk Bay harbour, with its windows that open right out onto the sea.
Muizenberg & Kalk Bay AccommodationWant to find accommodation in Muizenberg?
Here are some Muizenberg Accommodation options.
Key Muizenberg & Kalk Bay Tourist Information
- Rush Hour: 7 am to 8.30 am; 4.15 pm to 6 pm.
- Drive time from Cape Town (not rush hour): 25 minutes
- Drive time to/from Cape Town (rush hour):60 mins
- Drive time to/from the Airport (non rush hour): 35 mins
- Drive time to/from the Airport (rush hour): 75 mins
- Public transport: Train.
- Attractions: The Main Rd and shops, the views, the harbour and restaurants
- Type of neighbourhood: Residential, ranging from top end to poor.
Crime & Safety in Muizenberg & Kalk Bay
- Safe to visit.
- Safe to drive to from Cape Town.
- Safe to stay here.
Back from Muizenberg Cape Town to HOME