My Cape Town South Africa
GENERAL TOURIST INTEREST
NEAR CAPE TOWN
CAPE PENINSULA REGIONS & SUBURBS
LIVING IN CAPE TOWN
Fish Hoek Area Guide
Fish Hoek OverviewFish Hoek is a seaside town on False Bay about 30 minutes drive south of the city. It is also accessible via the train line. It is characterised by a beautiful bay with a great beach for families. There is nothing of interest architecturally in the town, as it is a mixture of very ordinary residential dwellings. The main street is relatively unattractive and is home to practical every day shops with no real draw cards. Go to Kalk Bay for quaint restaurants, touristy shops and a real village atmosphere.
Fish Hoek AttractionsFish Hoek has a lovely beach and if you stay on the hillside, it offers spectacular views. The southern peninsula is easily accessible, including Simonstown, Boulders Beach and Cape Point Nature Reserve.
Fish Hoek AccommodationWant to find accommodation in Fish Hoek?
Here are some Fish Hoek Accommodation options.
Key Fish Hoek Tourist Information
- Rush Hour: 7 am to 8.30 am; 4.15 pm to 6 pm.
- Drive time from Cape Town (not rush hour): 30 minutes
- Drive time to/from Cape Town (rush hour):60 mins
- Drive time to/from the Airport (non rush hour): 45 mins
- Drive time to/from the Airport (rush hour): 75 mins
- Public transport: Train.
- Attractions: Beach
- Type of neighbourhood: Suburbia
Crime & Safety in Fish Hoek
- Safe to visit.
- Safe to drive to from Cape Town.
- Safe to stay here.
Back from Fish Hoek Cape Town to HOME